Islam consists of roughly 84% Sunnis, 15% Shiites and 1% unorthodox.
Sunni Muslims believe anyone can rule as long as they have adequate knowledge of the Quran,
Shia Muslims however believe that only the blood-descendants of Muhammed can rule.
– Wahhabis (Saudi) are a stricter fundamental form of Sunni Islam and the source of global terrorism eg Taliban, al Qaeda.
– Salafi Muslims (Osama Bin Laden) are even more pure form of Sunni Islam than Wahhabis and only follow the way of Islamic that Muhammad practiced. (ISIS)
– Alawites are a Shiite mystical sect and believe in reincarnation.
– Sufis are the ascetic evangelists of mystical Islam that also spawned the Muslim Brotherhood.
– Ahmadis promote peaceful propagation of Islam, but are so unorthodox that they are often considered outside of Islam.