In 2013 the first Muslim MP, Ed Husic swore in as the Prime Minister’s new parliamentary secretary on the Koran. In 2016 he convinced Anne Aly the second Muslim elected into the Australian Parliament, to do the same.
This is the set of principles they are both swearing, as their “moral code”. They include gender inequality, religious intolerance, anti-democracy, bigotry, inequality and racism—all of it very unAustralian, but there is more.
The verses below are just only a handful lifted from the Koran and for every verse here, there are many others to support them. They represent is the Koranic mindset and underpin the behaviour of the believer and for the most part have also made their way into Sharia Law applications (including lying—big chapter on how to do that).
These universal tenets of Islam don’t belong in Australia let alone in our Australian Parliament. The Koran needs to be removed as a suitable text for swearing in by Members of Parliament as its tenets are counter-cultural to the foundations of Australian Society and the laws of this land. The cause of Islam for Australia is to bring Australia under submission to Islam, remove democracy and replace it with Sharia. Hardly suitable for swearing in an Australian MP.
Tenets of Islam:
1. MP’s to Hide their faith: Qur’an (40:28) – A man is introduced as a believer, but one who must “hide his faith” among those who are not believers.”
2. Sharia Law over Australian Law: Qur’an (33:36) – “It is not fitting for a Believer, man or woman, when a matter has been decided by Allah and His Messenger to have any option about their decision.”
3. Islam for all Australia: Qur’an (8:39) – “And fight with them until there is no more fitna (disorder, unbelief) and religion should be only for Allah” . (Allah is the deity of Islam and this commandment constitutes the CAUSE of Islam…”religion…only for Allah”—no others.)
4: Fight for supremacy of Islam Qur’an (4:76) – “Those who believe fight in the cause of Allah…”
5. Against Democracy: Qur’an (5:44) – “Whosoever does not judge by what Allah has revealed is among the disbelievers” (This is one reason why terrorists openly fight for an Islamic state against democracy and secularism.)
6. Lie to Australians: Qur’an (9:3) – “…Allah and his messenger are free from obligation to the unbelievers…”
8. Men get more inheritance: Qur’an (4:11) “The male shall have the equal of the portion of two females”
10: Show hardness to non Muslims: Qur’an (9:123) – “O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness.”
11. Allegiance to the Ummah: Qur’an (49:10) The Believers are but a single Brotherhood
12. Muslim Master race: Qar’an (3:110) Ye are the best of peoples, evolved for mankind, enjoining what is right, forbidding what is wrong, and believing in Allah.
13. Kill Unbelievers: Qur’an (2:191-193) – “And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief] is worse than killing..
14. Men are superior witnesses: Qur’an (2:282) – ” two witnesses—two men…if not then a man and two women.”
15. Wife Beating: Qur’an (4:34) “admonish them, leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them;
16. Men are in charge of women: Qur’an (4:34) – “Men are in charge of women, because ….
17. Polygamy: Qur’an (4:3) – “Marry of the women, who seem good to you, two or three or four; …
18. Obey only Muslim authority: Qur’an (4:59) – “Obey Allah and obey ..those in authority from among you…”
19. Religious Discrimination: Qur’an (5: 51) “Take not the Jews and the Christians for friends.”
20. Listen only to Muslims: Qur’an (25:52) “Listen not to the unbelievers, but strive against them with the utmost strenuousness.”
21. Jihad: Qur’an (4:95) – “Not equal are those believers who sit (at home) and receive no hurt, and those who strive and fight in the cause of Allah with their goods and their persons. Allah hath granted a grade higher to those who strive and fight with their goods and persons than to those who sit (at home). “
This is not an appropriate belief system for anyone representing Australians or the laws of our land.
Perhaps we should exclude Muslims from holding office unless they can put Australian law and Australian interests before Islam. Either swear on the Bible that underpins the laws of our land or take a personal oath. That is what is allowed under our Constitution when it first came into being—we need to leave it at that.